Girard Illustration's Policies, Terms and Conditions
LET’S BE AS CLEAR AND STRAIGHT FORWARD AS POSSIBLE.
The terms "I", "we", "us", "our", "me", "seller", "here", "artist", and "Kristen" refers to Kristen Girard and Girard Illustration.
The terms "you", "your", "client", and "customer" refers to site visitors, customers, and any other users of this site or associated social media channels.
Intellectual Property Policy
All artwork and text on this site and associated social media channels are copyrighted by Kristen Girard*.
ARTWORK AND STORIES ARE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
I, KRISTEN GIRARD, RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO MY ART AND STORIES.
I respect your copyrights, please respect mine.
THIS MEANS THAT MY ARTWORK AND STORIES MAY NEVER BE USED WITHOUT MY PRIOR EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION.
For use of text or images in print, digital, video or audio, or any other media, or any commercial licensing rights, please email me for permission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, I would love you to spread the word about my art and stories. I appreciate your good vibes.
If you would like to share content from my website, or any of my social media channels, you have my permission as long as you abide by the following guidelines:
• Please use no more than a single paragraph and/ or one image on your educational or non-commercial blog, website, or Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr or other social media page.
• You must give me credit as © by Kristen Girard or Image Copyrighted by Kristen Girard.
• You must provide a link back to the original page on my website http://www.girardillustration.com.
• Students and teachers can quote two or three images and/or up to one page of text for their non-commercial school activity, as long as credit is given.
• It's also okay to do an artistic copy of my paintings as a study exercise without asking permission, however the copies may not be sold, distributed, or given away, and are for personal educational use only.
Any use beyond that listed above is not authorized without prior written consent. If you would like to obtain consent and/or purchase licensing rights, please email me at email@example.com.
You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever, any of the content of this website, newsletters, blogs or associated social media channels, in whole or in part without my prior written consent.
Purchase of any original artwork, print, product or service from Girard Illustration, or anywhere else our lovely products and services are sold, does not in any way, shape or form transfer any of the copyrights, or associated licensing rights, to the customer, their friends, family, pets, or any other entity, including imaginary friends.
It is uncool, icky, and nasty to use any photographs, artwork, writing, or any other creation under the sun without permission.
* Guest bloggers, and creators of referenced content, of course retain their own copyrights.
P.S. If you would like to learn about copyrights and how they work check out the following links:
• The United States Copyright office is the place go to place to go for everything copyright at www.copyright.gov.
• The Graphic Artists Guild has put together some wonderful resources for learning about copyrights at www.graphicartistsguild.org.
• Visual arts lawyer Kiffanie Stahle of the Artist's J.D. has put together some fantastic resources on her website www.theartistsjd.com.