Over the Artist's Shoulder Behind the Scenes
PAINTING AIR MAGIC FROM THE NATURAL MAGIC COLLECTION - PART 4
The Art of Creating a Magic Filled World
When there is a goddess of creation around, naturally, magic is involved!
On those days when there are too many white walls, halls of concrete, honking cars, and grimy sidewalks closing in on you - corralling you into day to day sameness - nature beckons.
Meetings, emails, phone calls, hustle, hustle, hustle!
Isolated on a crowded subway commute from fresh air or room to move.
Sometimes we all crave a little magic, a little connection, and a little wildness in our world. That's where our Goddess of Air Magic steps ( practically floats! ) into our lives. She is the goddess of dreams, hope, and creativity. She is the goddess that watches over us in our sleep, refreshes us, beckons us to create goodness in our world.
When painting a magic filled world, a world that speaks of freedom, possibility and hope, the core idea about who this goddess is has to permeate the whole composition:
- She effortlessly floats in the air because she is free from preconceived notions.
- The goddess holds a bubble she is magically filling with hopes and dreams of inspiration.
- Each bubble floats off into the night to find special people, like you, to inspire.
- The staff the goddess holds is the Staff of Possibility. It is adorned with the crescent moon to remind us that although the moon will wax and wane with the tides of life, it's creative power is always present.
- The full moon serves as a symbol of the goddess's inner light, a light that she freely shares with you.
- The gold and yellow ochre waving lines represent healing energy and renewal going out to the world.
As the oil painting is lovingly crafted, every element reinforces who this goddess is, and what she can bring to your life. To see the finished illustration check out the Natural Magic Collection by clicking here.
To get more behind the scenes sneak peeks at how the art is made join our mailing list today by clicking here.
Want to bring some goddess power into your life?
Beautiful limited edition art reproductions from the nature inspired Natural Magic Collection are available for sale in our Art Store. They are going fast!
Did you miss the previous behind the scenes sneak peeks?
Find them here: